Last Transfer!
Monday June 6, 2022
This week has been great! Getting used to a new area had been different haha. It's been a while. Elder Hadley and I are getting along well together. This week we found a couple people to teach and one of them I'll put the story down below. One of the people we found was a former who texted us out of the blue and said that she had stopped smoking for a month or two and wants to progress towards baptism. We had a lesson with her that night and it went well. She may or may not only want to get baptized to have financial help from the church. We still need to figure that out. For this transfer Elder Hadley and I want to focus a lot on member work and getting referrals and following up. I'm excited for my last transfer. Really sad that it is coming to an end, but I will work my hardest this transfer. I love the Lord and I know he lives. I decided for this last transfer I will read the living Christ at the end of every personal study. I hope to focus on Christ as much as I can before I go home.
This past week Elder Hadley and I found someone named D'nelle. She is a very Christian lady and actually teaches classes on Sundays. Elder Bever and I on our exchange went back for the follow up appointment and taught the Restoration. It was a little Rocky in the beginning. She kept coming back at us with things she didn't understand and many questions. She did not like the great apostasy. She didn't think God would abandon his people. We read the scriptures from the Bible that prophecy of the great apostasy and she still didn't get it. We eventually went on to teach about Joseph Smith. As we stared to teach about his history and then as we said the words of the first vision it hit her super hard. The spirit was so strong within us. The rest of the lesson she didn't say a word and was very quite. You could definitely tell that she felt something. By the end of the lesson she invited herself to church next week and also to read the Book of Mormon. It was amazing! It's amazing to see how the spirit can really change someone and how their whole view can change in such a small amount of time.


Comments
Post a Comment