Monday May 2, 2022
This week has been good! We got a new ward mission leader in one of our wards and he's awesome! We took him out contacting his first week and we had a fantastic lesson with one of our friends and also found someone to teach. He is a very diligent ward mission leader and I am excited to work with him. We have a few friends that are doing well. We got a referral for one man named Alex, and he has a desire to be baptized. He has some hurdles to get through, but his desire is there. We've taught him a few lessons and he's doing well. We had Elder Andersen come and visit our mission on Saturday!! It was so cool. He gave a great talk about working with members but also staying active after the mission. All the Apostles are super funny. You'd think they are just all business, but when they get up there and speak they are funny and they crack jokes all the time. They are all so loving. This week was good! We have Zone conferences this coming week so another busy week! Excited to see the missionaries.
For the spiritual experience of the week it was during Elder Andersen's visit to our mission. Every single talk that was given was so good, but one part in Elder Andersen's talk really stuck out to me. His talk was great the entire time, but towards the end as he was testifying he said something along the lines of, "your badge you're wearing will be a badge of honor for you in heaven." When he said that I got the chills up and down the back of my neck. Around that same time he spoke about the privilege's that we have to testify of Jesus Christ all day every day. I started to reflect on the calling I have. It is pretty amazing and loving for God to allow me, a young imperfect boy, to testify of his perfect Son. I have had life changing experiences throughout my time as a missionary. No way I'd ever change the decision I made to be here. I knew the mission would change me, but I had no clue what it would actually do for me. Just 2 tiny years in the scope of eternity really has changed my eternity. God has done more for me in 2 years than I did for myself in 18 years. I'm so grateful to wear this badge, and for the words of an Apostle that we were just able to hear. The church is true! God lives and Jesus is His Son.

Elders Barba and Simpson from Surprise 1st found Elder McMullan at the multi-mission event.
Comments
Post a Comment