Miracle!

Monday April 25, 2022

We had a great week this week. We went through our area book and cleaned up some things. We also had some great finds and conversations with people on the street. We went on 3 exchanges this week and I enjoyed all of them. I'm also very excited for this coming weekend to hear from Elder Uchtdorf! I've been trying to prepare for that this coming week. I'm just consistently trying to be better and do better. There's so many things I want to work on and I feel I'm not doing great on it, but little by little I know I'll get there. Solid week nonetheless so no complaints here!

For the spiritual experience this week it was when we went contacting with a member from our ward. To give some background, that morning we set a goal to find someone who wants to have an eternal family. Throughout the day we we were praying to find that someone. That night as we went out with a member we went street contacting. We had a great conversation with one gentleman and we ended up setting a return appointment for Tuesday, that in itself was a miracle! Then there was little time left in the night and we were debating on whether or not to knock one more door, and we ultimately decided to do it. As we were walking towards the door we saw a family of 5 sitting on a staircase. We started to speak with them and it turns out that they are from Chicago and just visiting their mom. We talked about that then started introducing the Gospel. They expressed interest in an eternal family. We then brought up the Book of Mormon and explained it to them using the pictures in the front. In all my time as a missionary I have never seen someone so excited to read from the Book of Mormon. Both of the parents were so excited and begged to have a copy. We gave them each one. The other crazy thing was that they told us that they had no idea why they were even outside. They just decided randomly to sit on the stairs for no reason. The chances of them being there all the way from Chicago and then also being outside in our path is so slim. God direct this work. He is in the details. I have a stronger testimony of setting specific goals. After this experience I was filled to the brim with joy. So much joy that it's hard to describe. I love this work! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying a fundraiser?

Forgive and Forget!

Letter From Mission President