Busy Busy!!

 Monday December 20, 2021

This week has been super duper busy! Elder Bird and I and working super well together. We have tons of meetings and a lot of extra stuff to do. Nonetheless we still are grinding and Finding a lot of people. We found a guy named Ethan like a week ago and he is progressing well. He's super logical and kind of has trouble feeling the spirit. That's what we're trying to help him recognize now. 
Oh yea, we had a baptism this past week as well. His name was Kyle. My first few days in the area we put him on date for Friday. His baptism was massive. We had to move everyone to the chapel. There was 150 people in attendance and then 30 more viewing on zoom. Was a great baptism for sure! Then we also found this one girl named Keosha. We're thinking of putting her on date soon. She accepts everything we teach her. We also contacted this on girl named Reina. She's a young person moving to Tempe soon I think. Anyways we asked her if she knew about our Church and she was like yea I've gone before with my grandma. Then I asked her if she ever thought about joining it and she was like "yea but not tonight" haha. So we're going to go back and see what happens.
 For the spiritual experience of the week it was during Sacrament meeting. I tried following our mission President's counsel to try and prepare myself for this Sacrament meeting and really focus on the spirit and the true reason we have the Sacrament. I felt prompted to write down all the things Christ has done for me and it was a special experience to be able to reflect back and notice specifically what he has done for me personally. This helped me realize that he truly does care for me and is my personal Savior just as much as he is anyone else's Savior. I also reflected on the symbolism of everything involved in the Sacrament. Often time I feel we overlook the meaning and significance of everything that is used. Looking at the table and seeing the cloth carefully and neatly placed over the body of Christ as it was when he was in the tomb, is an amazing thought to have and will change how I view the Sacrament forever. 
 Hope you all have a great week! Shoot me an email! 


The brand new missionaries!!


Elders Bird and McMullan with Kyle (just baptized)




Some pics of their house



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying a fundraiser?

Forgive and Forget!

Letter From Mission President