Citrus Heights is crazy!!
Monday October 11, 2021
This week has been amazing. We have been so busy. These wards are actually insane with missionary work. They all are willing to do it and reach out to their neighbors. It's amazing! We were able to find many people again at the parks and that seems to be working for us very well. I was able to go on exchanges with 2 Elders this week that went very well. I went on exchanges first with Elder Duke and it was great! He's a great Elder and we're sad to lose him. He has fantastic motivations and focus. Definitely something I was impressed by. Being diligent in missionary work or even being diligent in spiritual matters is so important in being completely converted to the Lord. Have no other focuses and no other things distracting you from the Lord's work is when you will see yourself change. Anyways back to the exchange it was great! We were working a lot on being bold with people and not holding back. If someone told us they were not interested we would boldly Testify of the Restoration and what it means to us. That is the best way to go about it. We had multiple lessons and were very urgent. Just a great day!
Then I went on exchanges with Elder Barber and he's doing great as well. We had 10 lessons with people that day so we were definitely on the move! We were able to talk with someone who was willing to learn more from the Book of Mormon as well. We were able to find him and hopefully get in contact with him soon. Just a great exchange all around!
I'm not sure if I mentioned in my email last week that went through the Temple, but I did and it was awesome! The Open house starts next week and maybe I'll see some of you guys when you go through haha. It's starting to go pretty crazy around here. My wards here are insane. They are super wealthy people and all of them do missionary work! I have never seen a stake so committed to the Gospel in my life. Literally everyone is on the same page and is on top of it. It's nuts! In my wards there's a few members that are the top dogs in the Open House. One of them is actually the director of the whole thing so we get the inside information from him easily. Then another guy is just casually working with Apostles and getting emails from them on sacrament meeting. These wards are the best wards I've ever been in.
For my spiritual experience this week it was when I was studying the talk by President Nelson. That talk was the most urgent I have seen him in a while. It just hit me hard this time when he said that these are the latter days. I'll share a quote from his talk. He said "In like manner, it is now time that we each implement extraordinary measures—perhaps measures we have never taken before—to strengthen our personal spiritual foundations. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures." A thought that I had after reading this is that soon doing the small and simple things just won't be enough. The Prophet is urging us to look outside of the box and find ways that we haven't even thought of to allow us to have the spirit to be with us. The Prophet is amazing! Later in his talk he talks about how if we prayerfully and consistently study the covenants and ordinances we make in the Temple then we can part the veil and have angles to minister to us! This is the Prophet telling us this! I think many people have overlooked what he has just said. What an amazing process. Obviously that is no easy thing to do, but if we do these extraordinary things and study the ordinances and covenants we make in the Temple then at the the very least we will come closer to our God and Savior. What an amazing Gospel!
That's all for me this week. Have a great one!
The District
The Benson Zone
Comments
Post a Comment