Weekly

Monday September 13, 2021

 Hey everyone! 

This week was awesome! We had Stacy's baptism and it had around 60-80 people there. It was a great turnout! Sister Russell did show up and play the piano beautifully there. There were many non-members there and it was great to share the message of the Restoration to them all. It was a great restoration presentation. The spirit was very strong. Elder Way was stressing out a little bit before the Presentation, but he did it and he taught well. As I said the first vision I started to tear up again and this is the 2nd time that it has happened within a month or so. The last thing I want to do is to cry in front of 60-80 people but because the spirit was so strong it testified to me of the reality of the vision that Joseph Smith had. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that through him the Lord worked and continues to work a mighty Restoration on the earth today. 

It was also interesting because that same night we were teaching someone that we found recently. He is a Russian Orthodox and he had a book there that talked about his religion and how it came to be. I read some of it and it sounded good to the natural man. It stated that it was the very religion that Christ set up here and is still standing on the Earth today. It had some compelling points, but as I read it it spoke nothing to my spirit. We then directed the focus to the Restoration and specifically Joseph Smith. We showed him the Restoration first vision video and the spirit was so strong. After the video ended he didn't seem to really grasp it and all he said about it is that it was interesting. Perhaps the spirit touched him a little, but one thing i do know is that it touched me. The spirit was felt speaking of the vision and of Joseph Smith and the work that he was able to accomplish with the power of God. It truly is a miracle to the world. 

The District is doing well. The Elders and Sisters both are great and Elder Way is still working on being more consecrated and obedient. 

I'm going to be transferred this coming week to another pretty wealthy area. For some reason the Lord needs me in really nice areas so hey I'll take it. Have a great week!


Elder Louie, Stacey, Elder McMullan and Elder Way


Day at the Gilbert Temple


Elder Way is a great cook! (Key Lime Pie)


The Zone



The District


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying a fundraiser?

Forgive and Forget!

Letter From Mission President