Weekly
Monday Sept 6, 2021
This week has been good. Brandon, one of our friends, has read the introduction to the Book of Mormon so he is making little by little progress. Stacy is on track for Baptism on Saturday! Her Baptism is at 3pm and we invited Sister Russell to play the piano for the baptism and so we are hoping she will be able to do that. We hope this can help her make her choice to be baptized soon. We are also making good progress with a few others and one in particular. We met with someone last night and his name is Murray. He and his wife both are from Africa and they are the most humble people ever. They love talking to us and we love them. We talked and set up another time to meet and found his wife. We are super excited to start teaching them because they really do seem elect. There are other people that are slowly progressing, but taking longer. This area has a lot of work so it's awesome.
The District is doing well. We got the news about Sister Evans leaving so that's crazy. Also that Elder Horstman will be leaving. It's crazy the district is falling apart haha. Other than that the District is doing very well!
I went on exchanges with Elder Horstman this week and he's a stud! He's a hard worker and knows how to get it done. We worked well together and it was really fun being with him. Maybe that's why we're not companions because we'd have too much fun. He's great though. I'm impressed by his boldness with people and not letting things go. He's really a dedicated missionary.
For my spiritual experience this week, it was during my scripture study. When I study the scriptures I love to really focus, because it is what you say it is, a one on one appointment with the Lord. Something really stuck out to me in my study of Joseph Smith History. Joseph said in verse 28"But I was guilty of levity, and sometimes associated with jovial company, etc., not consistent with that character which ought to be maintained by one who was called of God as I had been." It is interesting to see how Joseph Smith had a problem with levity which is basically excess of laughter and messing around. That is a problem of mine that I've tried very hard to work at. Naturally I'm fun and enjoy to mess around, but since being on the mission I've come to the same realization as Joseph Smith when he said it is not a behavior we should have when we are called of God. I've grown so much, but have much more to do. I desperately want to be more reverent and never offending the spirit. I know that the spirit is important, and my relationship with Christ is of most importance to me. That is just something I'm working on.
Have a great week!
Zone Conference






Comments
Post a Comment