Found another one!

 Monday April 26, 2021

This was a good week! I didn't email last week so this will cover the 2 weeks. So not yesterday, but the week before we were asked to give talks at the Citadel. The Citadel is basically an assisted living place with a bunch of old people. So I gave a talk there and it was super great. The spirit there is always so strong and it is always very reverent. (I will talk a little later on in this email about the importance of reverence)

We found a new guy this week! I already knew him. He's what you would call an "eternal investigator" which basically is someone the missionaries have been "teaching" for a long time but had never committed to do anything. His name is Bob. When I first came into the area he was still "interested" on our area book. All we ever did was go over and do service for him. I guess the missionary before me would just force feed him scriptures and it would never get anywhere. Since then I dropped him and the only times I'd ever see him is when he called for service. My idea was to be really nice and do the service with a smile on my face and hopefully it would rub off and he would ask questions. Well this week that is exactly what happened! He asked about the Plan of Salvation and wants us to help him with his life. So hopefully soon we can teach him that. 
Other than that it's been really busy with members and tons of lessons. 
Now to the spiritual side of things. In a recent devotional given to missionaries by Elder Holland he said that he can't do anything and can't say anything that would offend the spirit or his wife. He said those are the 2 most precious companions he has in this world and he wouldn't do anything to drive them away. Now let's relate this to our life. Do we do the things necessary to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost? Do we have reverence when we speak of Christ and of Heavenly Father? Do we truly love the Lord enough to focus on him throughout our day? I think being reverent comes down to the very little things. Whether or not a joke is appropriate or whether a thought that popped up is appropriate.  Or whether your behavior and your attitude is in compliance with the spirit. Things like getting to loud or too rowdy and being immature will drive the spirit away. It all comes down to how often do we want the spirit around? How often do we want to hear the voice of the Lord? I've been seriously thinking on that and honestly it's been life changing. President Nelson gave good counsel this conference when he said 
"Commotion in the world will continue to increase. In contrast, the voice of the Lord is not “a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but … it [is] a still voice of perfect mildness, [like] a whisper, and it [pierces] even to the very soul.” In order to hear this still voice, you too must be still!"
We need to be still when we want to hear the Lord! We can't act like 2 year olds and expect to receive constant revelation. Being reverent in every situation and thinking of Christ as often as we can will allow us to have more of his spirit with us. So let's be a little more reverent starting now! I invite you all to find something or a situation you can be more reverent in, and then do exactly that and recognize afterwards how much better you felt!
All for me this week! 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying a fundraiser?

Forgive and Forget!

Letter From Mission President