Week 3!
Monday September 28, 2020
Wassup!! Ok this week was pretty crazy so this might be a long one haha.
So basically I'll just start off with our interested people. So for Gerardo, we invited him to be baptized twice this week, but he said no both times, only because he said he needs to think more about it which is understandable. But he did come to church yesterday so that was cool! Church here is still over zoom, but we go back to church every Sunday on the 11th of October.
And for Alex he's doing ok. We haven't really got in contact with him that much. The last time we talked to him he said that he stopped working because there was a co worker that got COVID. So he told us he was going to get tested the next day, so we texted him the next day to see how it went and we never heard back. Soooooo if he tested positive then we probably have it for sure, and that means we spread it to a ton of people haha. It's ok though I'm not to worried about COVID, if ya get it ya get it. Those are our 2 most progressing people.
Other than that everything is going well. My Spanish is still coming along. Its meh, but I hear it a lot and whenever I say prayers in English it's kind of weird because I'm so used to saying them in spanish now. That's one cool thing I noticed. My companions and I get along really well so that's cool
Now to the "crazy" stuff. Not super crazy I guess, more funny, but the 2nd one was just cool so I needed to include it in here.
So the first thing that happened was that on Saturday we went on exchanges again (we go on exchanges every wed and sat). We went on exchanges with the Pueblo Elders. My companions went on Exchanges with the AP's. Usually when we exchange we just mix up and go by companions of three, but since there's only 2 AP's, the zone leaders went with them and I joined a companionship. So now I spent the day with 3 other elders, so there was 4 of us. They are all really athletic, so we got along well to say the least haha. Anyways, they have a basketball hoop, like a small one you hang on the door. So we were ballin up as usually. And me and this Elder, his name is Elder Schmoekel, we were doing a 1v1. Next point wins. So basically I had to go all out on this next point. Try to envision this. (Close your eyes and imagine this masterpiece) So I had ball, and you know my mid-range game is deadly so he was playing close up on me. I fake drove to the right and he bit on it, so this made the lane wide open. So I got a little fancy to make sure he had no chance to block this. So I tossed it off the wall to make it bounce back to me. I jumped higher than any man on this planet. Some might say it was very Lebron like. Anyways I caught it and absolutely posturized this man. Slam dunk in his face. And just like that game was over. Probably the best play I've ever made hahahah. Anyways the reason why I am telling you this, is because while we were celebrating the other Elder calls for us and says "look at the wall". Turns out there was a hole in the wall hahah. We all laughed it off, and we called a member in their ward and they're going to fix it, so it's all good. It wasn't a big hole, it's pretty small, but I'll send a picture of it.
Anyways the 2nd thing that happened this week was that I gave my first blessing! I did it in English so that was good. But seriously I was so nervous because I had no idea what to say during it. My comps wanted me to do it, and I have no idea why because they're both studs. Hopefully it was a good blessing, I was seriously so nervous because I didn't want to mess it up for the person I was giving the blessing to. My mind was everywhere, and I was trying to chill out so that I could listen to the spirit, but it was my first time so I guess you gotta get over the nerves somehow.
Anyways that's about it for this week. I hope you enjoyed my little 1v1 story haha. Love you all!!
Elder McMullan
My District playing sports
Hole in wall



Comments
Post a Comment