Week 2!
Monday September 21, 2020
This week went by super duper fast. This mission life is fun especially when you have fun with your companions. Me and my 2 companions get along really well. They're both really good missionaries. We basically have no time off still haha which is a good thing. Basically everyday we just knock a bunch of former investigators houses and most of them don't answer, but it's ok. When they do though we most likely set up another time to come back.
I may have said this in my other email, but we found like 12 new people in the last two weeks, but we found 8 in the first week. Apparently that's a lot in missionary work haha, I'm not really sure, but it's fun talking to new people. Well at least it seems like it's fun, because I can't understand what the people are saying most of the time, but it's ok. Spanish is coming along ok, it's only my 3rd week so I can't get to hard on myself, but I'm trying. I knock doors and stuff and try to start the conversation so that's good practice.
Today for our P-day in the morning we went to the driving range and hit some golf balls with some other Elders in our district. Super fun. I was killing it as usual. Hahaha just kidding I'm pretty mediocre. Fun to do though because Golf is always good.
We have 2 guys, that to me, seem pretty interested. They're names are Gerardo and Alex. Gerardo is a really quiet guy, but seems super genuine. We taught him the restoration and read a little bit of the introduction to him, and he asked some questions as well which is a good sign that he's actually trying to learn. Alex is a really cool guy as well. Family is really important to him. He works all day every day. Literally I've never seen someone work as hard as him. He works in like a landscaping business so he has one of those trucks with a bunch of tools and stuff. Most people we teach actually do that, I guess that's just the thing around here haha. Anyways he's almost never home, he's always at work till like 9 sometimes. It's actually great to see, because he has a wife (well idk if it's his wife or girlfriend) and he has some kids. It's great to see that he really tries to provide for his family. We were talking to him last night and he understands that we would be nothing without God, and we all need him. I think he likes the fact that our church is family oriented. He seems like a very smart guy with a good base. He invited us back. I really like Alex, I think he could progress pretty well.
Anyways that was pretty long, but everything is ok! Thanks for all the support! Love you guys take care!
Pics:
1. Golfing
3. My man Elder Stepan



Comments
Post a Comment