Week 1!!



 Wed July 22, 2020

*Elder McMullan was originally called to the Argentina, Buenos Aires North Mission.  Due to covid restrictions, all missionaries will be temporarily reassigned state-side. 


Hello all!! I'm 1 week in my training today and things are going great. Basically I wake up at 5 every morning and start my studies which consist of personal study, language study, and companion study. Then at 7 I have my morning class that goes till around 10. Then there's usually a break till about 11:30 where we have a 1 hour class called "workshop". This is the class where I feel we do most of the learning because oftentimes it's a lesson about the gospel. In my morning and afternoon classes they give more language and teaching instruction. Anyways after the workshop I have a break until 3 for my afternoon class that goes to around 6. In all my breaks I spend most of my time studying language or whatever I need to study on. For the first week they have us mostly memorize a bunch of stuff in Spanish like the missionary purpose, Moroni 10:5, the first vision, and the baptismal invitation. It's not as hard as it sounds, it's just time consuming. Oh yea and a bunch of vocabulary and phrases in Spanish as well. Ya but things are going good and it's fun so far. My district is super fun and we all get along. 

Oh and also if you haven't heard yet I've been reassigned to the Mesa, Arizona Mission!! Only about 50 minutes away from here haha, but nonetheless I'm excited to serve wherever the Lord needs me. It wasn't hard for me to accept where I was going because the purpose of me serving in Argentina is the same purpose of me serving in Mesa, and that is to invite others to come unto Christ. Although it may be a little discouraging that I may not be able to use my Spanish that I'm learning right away, hopefully I can be put in a Spanish branch or meet Spanish members along the way. 

Anyways I'm looking forward to the next week in the MTC! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying a fundraiser?

Forgive and Forget!

Letter From Mission President