One Week Out!

 Monday September 14, 2020

Today is my first p-day in the mission field! So I'll give you a basic run down of what's happening. My area is called the "Adobe East". Its an all Spanish area which is good because I was hoping to get assigned Spanish speaking. Although my Spanish is kinda weak still hahaha. I can't understand anyone pretty much. I can pick out a few words here and there but nothing to much. I have 2 companions and their names are Elder Stepan and Elder Call. They also happen to be the Zone leaders. So ya I'm kinda starting my mission off hard working with these guys. I actually love it! It's kinda hard getting used to all this but it's like whatever because I know I'll be fine. 

Elder Stepan and Elder Call are both from California, and Elder Stepan actually served in Honduras for 8 months before rona. They are both super hard workers! We never have a minute in the day off. We're always doing something. We're either calling somebody or knocking the doors of former investigators. 
So this week we found 8 new people. That's a lot of people hahaha. Not sure if they all really care that much, but we're still teaching them lessons. My comps teach very well. Although I can't always understand what they're saying I can tell it comes very natural to them. I'm just the guy that's there and gives the opening or closing prayer, then bears his simple testimony haha. I can't really do much but I'm learning. Sometimes my comps have me go up to the doors and knock and start off the conversation, or they'll have me call someone to confirm a lesson or something. So it's good practice. 

Also something funny happened this week. So we went to an apartment and knocked on this guys door, and his neighbor I guess thought that we knocked on his door. So his neighbor opens the door and says "Hey how ya doin" in like a New York accent hahaha. Then immediately slams the door hahah. It just reminded me of the Alma and Amulek book of Mormon videos that I use to watch. Anyways everything is going good. 
Love y'all!!

Pictures:
1. Most of our member live in places like these. It's an RV park. Pretty cool
2. Me and my companions Elder Stepan and Elder Call
3. Us at a members house doing service





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying a fundraiser?

Forgive and Forget!

Letter From Mission President