La Expiacion!
Monday November 16, 2020
Hello everyone!
Everything is great over here in AJ! Nothing too exciting this week. We are just working hard with the members and helping then realize that when they work with us we can do more. Not gonna lie but our Branch isn't helping us out to much when it comes to missionary work so we are trying to help them understand that the members are a big part in the gathering of Israel. Make sure you guys are doing your part as well in your wards and helping gather Zion! This isn't the work alone of the missionaries, but rather it's a team effort! In fact the members could do a better job than the missionaries can. A lot of people view the missionaries as "robots" and scary people. This is why members are so important. People can be more receptive to a member or "normal person" than they are to a missionary. Anyways what I'm trying to say is that members are HUGE. There was a talk that I read a couple days ago called "Put Your Trust in the Lord" by Elder Ballard. I invite all of you to read it! It can help you get rid of some fear of talking to others about the Gospel or whatever concern you can have about it. Happy reading!
Also another thing that I'd like to share from this week is the Atonement. I watched a devotional and he was talking about how sometimes we may repent, but still not feel that joy that comes after. This can be because we may not feel worthy to be forgiven. I can assure you that the Lord loves to forgive people, and to give them the chance to feel free. In Mosiah 5:8 it says "And under this head ye are made free, and there is no other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other name given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives." There is no other name that can set you free other than Christ! We need to believe that God can heal us, and believe that we are set free and forgiven. Satan wants you to feel like you aren't forgiven and he wants you to be stuck. I can testify that the joy and peace that comes from the Atonement of Christ is real. Allow the Atonement to work through you and accept the great gift of peace from the Atonement. Christ didn't suffer for nothing. Christ suffered so that you and I can be freed. We need to repent and change and believe that God can heal, then we can feel that promised joy.
Long email today about what I learned. I hope you all are doing well and finding comfort through these times. All is well as you trust in God! Love y'all!
Pics:
1. My comp took a pic of Elder Leakehe takin a snooze mid study.

Comments
Post a Comment