Monday December 7, 2020
Aayyoooo. What's up everybody. I'm out here serving English now and it's so fun! I miss Spanish because the people are always fun and it's a cool culture, but I also now get the ability to speak what I want and actually have a clue on what's going on haha. Our ward is super cool! We have a great ward and there's tons of work to do. We have a new Ward mission Leader and he's pretty baller. One difference from this area and from my last area is that we actually have investigators! My last area we were just working a lot with members, but here we actually have people on date. So Sarah is someone we are teaching and she is on date for the 19th. She was supposed to get baptized this week but she had some issues with the Word of Wisdom. So please pray for Sarah when you can!
We are also teaching a girl named Gemma. She is doing great and she is so ready for baptism. The only problem is that she lives with her boyfriend so she can't be baptized yet. She has told her boyfriend she wants to get married, but were not sure what is really happening out of that. We need to talk to Robert (her boyfriend) and talk to him about his thoughts on marriage and things like that. We will see how it goes!
There's is a few other people that we are talking to, but those are our people really progressing. English work is super fun and I'm excited for the rest of this transfer.
So we all know Christmas is coming up so let's make sure we celebrate for the right reason! This world is a little crazy, but it can be filled with light and joy as we focus it on Christ. I'd like to share a scripture with you all. It's John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
We need to be joyful in this season. It is joyful because we can recognize what Christ has done for us. Christ made it possible for us to be happy in our weakest points. I love this scripture because it reminds us that Christ overcame the world and so can we! Christ set that path for us and we need to follow him along the way. Stay focused on the purpose of the Christmas season and I promise you that if you do that you will have the most joyful Christmas of all!
That's all for me! I'm excited to hear from you all. All you people from IG my email is in the bio so hmu! I'd love to hear from all of ya! Love you and Happy Holidays!
Pics:
1. Last comp pic :(
2. Your fav missionary
Also, a couple pics a member (Sis Lambert) sent my mom. (perks of being in a English ward I guess?)
My new comps names are Elder Hawes and Elder Pulsipher. Elder Hawes is the one that served in Ecuador for 7 months. He is from Sandy, Utah. Elder Pulsipher is from Rigby, Idaho and this is his first week in the mission field. He is assigned to Mexico. Elder Hawes is the DL and he's a great leader. Athletic guy, he's like 6 foot something and ya he's just good at sports. Elder Pulsipher is not athletic at all so it's kind of weird. He doesn't fit in as much with all the Elders in our house. Everyone we live with is super athletic and we love to go in the mornings and play basketball and volleyball, but Elder Pulsipher isn't very good, but we try to keep him involved. I don't have a picture with them yet but I will try this week.
Comments
Post a Comment